This year we realized the situation was worse. More than 3/4 of the trees lights were out. This meant one of two things, buy a new one or restring the whole tree. First we priced a new tree and then quickly (I mean VERY quickly) we decided to restring the tree. When I say "we", I mean "Bruce". He sat in the garage for several hours cutting the old lights away from the branches. The lights were attached with mini zip ties. Once again, a great idea knowing the tree was well put together when we bought it, but no so much fun removing them years later!
After several hours and many happy thoughts, the tree was ready to have new lights. We bought ten packages of lights (100 lights each) and Bruce busily went to getting this done. Trust me at $2.97 per box - this was way cheaper than a new tree!!
What does one do while the tree is being prepared you're wondering...well, Madison did homework, Emmalene played with her toys and I ...stayed out of the way! The tree is done (THANK YOU BRUCE) and it's all decorated now. It looks beautiful!
Emmalene tasted a burgundy glitter ball, but hasn't done that since. She's stayed away from the tree. We're pretty surprised considering the night it went up, she was wanting to touch it.
Another year, another memory made, and photos to document it!
No comments:
Post a Comment