After Thanksgiving dinner, we rested and then made plans to shop a little at Wal-Mart's midnight sale. When I say "we", I mean mom and I. Bruce stayed home with the girls and I left around 11:00 P.M to pick up mom. We were mainly going for the Shark Steam Mop. We weren't planning to "Christmas shop". We got our item when the store allowed the Black Friday items to be opened. We grabbed them and headed to check out shortly after. We got in line some time around 1:00 A.M. We didn't reach the check-our register until a few minutes after 3:00 A.M.
We had a good time. So much that we decided to head to Orlando on Saturday. We did a little more Christmas shopping. I prepared myself for crazy, but it wasn't at all. We were able to walk through the mall without any problems. We got checked out without any issues. The lines were pretty short. We had a great day. It was fun to see the mall decorated for the holidays - it gets you in the Christmas spirit. I can't wait to get my tree up. Bruce says he can wait!
Christmas decorating will be a little more adventurous this year. Emmalene will want to help. I'm sure those little hands will want to touch everything bright and shiny!
Madison wants us to decorate our front yard with junk, I mean yard art. I'm not a fan of yard art. Never have been! We'll be on the look out for tasteful items, I'll keep you posted on what "treasures" she finds!
Christmas is on the way. Our goal is to constantly remind ourselves what Christmas is really about. Just like everyone else, the commercial side of it tries to sneak into our home, but we'll keep pushing ourselves to see Christmas for what it really is about - JESUS - the best Christmas present EVER!!
No comments:
Post a Comment