*

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School ~ 2012

School has finally arrived.  Madison wasn't too excited about getting back into the groove of things, but she was pretty anxious to see her friends.  Last week marked the first week of activities and she did great!  Not one time did she have to be pulled, tugged or even yanked out of bed!  She got up quickly and efficiently.  She isn't one to eat breakfast right away, but did find something to nibble on before heading out the door. 

This year her schedule will consist of Algebra I, Geometry, American History, Spanish I, English/Literature, Writing, Physical Science and Reading.  The exciting news is that she'll get a high school credit for Geometry and Spanish I.  She'll enter high school already completing 2 of the required credits to graduate.  She's already off to a great start! 

Can you believe she's in 8th grade?!  I can't, just think...next year is high school!

Madison headed off to great adventures while Emmalene and I accomplished writing the letter A.  We talked about the letter A, wrote the letter A, said words that begin with the letter A...oh my, you could spend hours on the letter A.  We colored it, we drew it, we shaped Lincoln Logs into the letter A, put magnets on the fridge that were the letter A...we have officially covered the letter A!  This isn't even the best part, Emmalene has been pointing out the letter A everywhere!  We have accomplished the letter A.  Now onto the letter B.  Great things are happening in the Bush home...even the letter B!