*

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crayola Magic

While Madison is working on homework, I have to find ways to keep Emmalene entertained. If I don't, she finds her way into Madison's book bag or trying to climb up in her lap while she's working. So, I tried crayons the other day. I sat down with a page from a coloring book and gave her 4 crayons. We colored together for a little while until Madison needed by help on a homework question. I walked away from Emmalene to help Madison and when I came back this is what I found:


Emmalene left her own "mark" on the world...well, kitchen wall. I know this isn't behavior that we should congratulate, but we're talking crayons - not permanent markers. With a little scrub from one of those white eraser cleaners, it was gone quickly.



As you can see, Emmalene was pretty proud. Again, not a good habit, but a moment that will soon fade from our memories as she grows more and more each day. Isn't this what it's really about...remembering the small things!

No comments:

Post a Comment