*

Monday, January 10, 2011

Lawn Mowing 101

Bruce has been telling Madison that she's going to work with him this summer. Her answer is always, "No way!" Well, she doesn't realize that she does not have a choice! He told her that she'll work with him only one day a week. It still didn't change her mind when she heard she'll get paid.

Bruce explained to her that the only thing she'll be doing is driving one of the mowers. He planned on teaching her how to operarte it and give her plenty of time to practive before summer arrives. Still, she kept saying, "No". Let me repeat, Bruce told her that she doesn't have a choice.

Well, last night we were outside with Emmalene and Madison when I handed Emmalene over to Bruce while he was driving one of his mowers. Emmalene didn't cry! We were shocked. Madison was terrified of Bruce's mower when she was young. So, we just assumed Emmalene would be too.

Madison watched Emmalene ride on Bruce's lap for at least 15 minutes and then decided she wanted to drive one of the mowers. I was surprised!

Bruce unloaded another mower from his trailor and began giving basic driving instructions. We have an empty lot in front of our house that was perfect for practice. After a pep talk, he sent her off. She did great! She was giggling and laughing so hard that I could hear her over the sound of both of the mowers! She had a blast!

Lawn Mowing Skills 101

Madison ended up driving for at least 20 minutes. It started getting dark fast and we needed to head inside. Before he put the mowers up, Bruce was following beside Madison and I snapped a few pictures. Unfortunately, it was a little dark so the photos aren't great, but I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to get more - she's hooked!

Madison driving all by herself!



This one is pretty hard to see, but Bruce is riding
beside Madison.

Bruce, Emmalene and Madison

Emmalene playing with the mower controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment